Our Redirected Flight

Our Redirected Flight

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Laughter is the Best Medicine

I love the sound of this little man's laughter. I can hear it from a distance and it brings a huge smile to my face. I just love having him here with me; although it has been very tough for me to be a mom from a distance. It is such a challenge for me not to be completely hands on with the care taking and to just watch from my position on the couch. I really look forward to the little things that I get to do with him, such as cuddle on the couch at night with his glass of milk or cuddle in bed if he wakes up in the middle of the night. But it is also so difficult because I can't lift him up to hold him when he's crying or truly cuddle him to comfort him. I fear that this experience will change the relationship I have with him, but am trying to just think positive and be thankful that he has so many other people in his life that are willing to step up to the plate and help out. I am learning new ways to play with him, but he is still an active 16 month old so he can only tolerate so much before he wants to go walking or running around. But no matter what it still makes me happy just to have him hear and to get to watch him giggle and play with everyone else.


We are looking forward to our first post op appointment tomorrow morning and really hoping that everything looks okay at this point. I am not however; looking forward to Austin going home and I already warned him that I will be crying like a baby. His plan as of now is to come back in three weeks, but if I have my way it will be more like two and a half:) I am going to miss him so very much. He has been such a great support for me and always seems to know what to say to lift my spirits when I am feeling a little down.


Zander has stayed very busy these past few days. He got to ride a carousel for the first time with daddy and has taken a few trips to the park to play. He has also been out and about with Grandpa Jack and Grandma Karen for many walks. He also keeps himself very busy chasing Grandpa and Dad around the apartment and convincing them to throw him onto the bed. Aunt Robyn, Uncle Dave, Chase and Teagan also bought him a travel kitchen so he has been making us many meals as well as fixing things around the place with the tool kit that Grandma Terry got him.


No comments:

Post a Comment