Our Redirected Flight

Our Redirected Flight

Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to Reality

Austin and I just returned from a much needed couples weekend away. We spent the weekend up north, just the two of us cross country skiing and relaxing. We both felt that it would be good to get away and spend some together time to focus on our relationship. With everything that has happened this past year we have not had much time to spend with just the two of us and it was so nice to have the chance to catch up with each other and to focus on one another. We had a great time and the weather was beautiful for skiing. A big thank you goes out to my mom and Jeff for taking such good care of the boys while we were gone!

As the weekend draws to an end however; we are faced with a big jolt back into reality tomorrow. Grayden has his monthly head ultrasound and neurosurgeon appointment. I am feeling very anxious as the time gets closer. I know that my worries will not change what I will be told tomorrow, but I still can't help but feel nervous. I dread the news that we may receive, but am also trying to think positive thoughts. Ahhhhh, it just feels impossible.

We also have four other appointments tomorrow; including an evaluation with a new Physical Therapist who practices Feldenkrais therapy. We are very excited to hear what she has to say and are excited for Grayden to start with this intervention. Thanks again to all of you who have supported us through Gearforgrayden.blogspot.com for helping us to fund this alternative therapy!! Your support is so appreciated. Grayden also has his four month check up as well as his in home PT appointment tomorrow. I figured if I had the day off, I should cram as much action as I could into one day. We are going to be very busy!!

Grayden continues to grow each and every day. I swear he is trying to catch up with his big brother. He is smiling and cooing a ton as well! He still needs to improve his head control when he is on his stomach, but he practices a lot and is getting stronger by the minute.

Zander entertains us daily and can always make us smile no matter how we are feeling. He is also learning every minute and we get such a kick out of watching those wheels spin. His language is coming along, even though Austin and I are probably the only ones who can really understand all he says. He is such a caring big brother and is constantly wanting to help us out with Grayden. I really have to keep my eye on him because he thinks he can lift Grayden up and he is constantly asking to hold him. He is also just beginning to get a little more jealous. Hopefully, it is a phase that will pass quickly.

So we are asking for positive thoughts tonight and tomorrow!! We have high hopes that Gray can continue to avoid the need for a shunt, but ask for strength if that is the road we have to travel.

Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Wow kelly you are packing a lot into one day. Good luck with everything. Positive thoughts to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,
    I am so thankful that the two of you had some time away to refocus and gear up before this next challenge. I know that you are amazing and you will handle it with strength and courage, but you have to know that it isn't the road I wanted you to have to travel! Prayers for all of you.

    ReplyDelete