Our Redirected Flight

Our Redirected Flight

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Growing Growing Growing...

Grayden had his two month check up at the Pediatrician's office yesterday and is officially weighing in at 9lbs 2oz. He is two ounces shy of Zander's birth weight. The check up went great and all things continue to be going as well as they can be. He is growing and developing well. We also had an appointment with the Urologist here in town. He did a quick exam and talked with me briefly about the "plan" for follow up. Due to the study protocol Grayden will have a bladder and kidney ultrasound done when he is four months old and then every three months following. I felt very comfortable with the Urologist and he is one of the first physicians we have worked with who seems to know a lot about the Moms Trial. He even attended a presentation last year given by one of the Urologist at Vanderbilt that is working with the study. I was hesitant about my appointment with him because he is new in town and most of the other kids we know with Spina Bifida see the other Urologist (who we have heard good things about); but I ended up being pleasantly surprised!



The last few weeks have been very busy. We had the chance to have a little play date with our new friends Emily and Carson (http://www.babyboybush.blogspot.com/) and Leigh and Greyson (http://www.ourlittlegibblet.blogspot.com/) last week. We had such a great time getting together with them. I hope Leigh and Emily know how valuable their friendship has been to me as I begin this journey of raising a child with Spina Bifida. They have both been a wealth of information and support and I feel very lucky to have been connected with them and their very handsome boys. I also had the opportunity to go to a Spina Bifida Moms support group last week at one of the local coffee shops. A bunch of moms from the area get together once a month for a chance to chat and to share our ups and downs and everything in between. I am also very grateful for these opportunities forward to getting to know all of them each month! It is so nice to know that we are not alone.

So far, much of Grayden's care is just normal baby type stuff with the exception of all of the appointments. We spend our days much the same way that we did when Zander was a baby; he eats, sleeps, poops, does tummy time, cuddles, and then repeats all of the above. I just love every minute of it! I am soooooooooooooo not looking forward to going back to work in less than two weeks. I love spending time with my two boys and really wish that I could stay home with them.

Here is a little clip of Grayden. I just love to sit and watch him learn to kick his legs. I am also trying to get a good clip of him during tummy time because he is really getting strong; however every time I try to record him lifting his head he seems to be in one of his "fussy" moments.


1 comment:

  1. sweet video. looks like Grayden is really starting to fill in his clothes. Kelly i'm really glad to hear you have a support group & some good connections with other moms. it can really make a BIG difference in your psyche!

    ReplyDelete