Our Redirected Flight

Our Redirected Flight

Monday, January 23, 2012

Hydrocele Repair

A year ago today we were being sent home from the hospital after preparing for shunt surgery because Grayden had a fever.  Today we were back at the hospital for Grayden's third surgery; a hydrocele repair. We had originally noticed that he had a hydrocele in October and were scheduled for surgery then; however Austin and I decided to cancel that surgery because he had been symptom free since we initially had taken him in.  Starting in December his symptoms began to reappear and we knew that the surgery would need to be done.  I took him in to see his urologist in early January and we scheduled surgery for March 12th, but were placed on the cancellation list.  Last Monday, his symptoms seemed to be getting worse so I called to see if there had been any cancellations and to basically beg for them to bump us up, and just our luck there happened to be a cancellation for today. 

Grayden tolerated the surgery well and everything went as planned.  He was very tired all day today, but very tolerant of all the poking and prodding.  He is now home sleeping soundly in his bed!  I enjoyed all the cuddle time I got to have today, however I'm hoping this is not an annual occasion for us!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad everything went well for him. Always good to hear!