So I sit here tonight staring at my beautiful baby boy trying to hold it together, trying not to panic, and trying not to jump ahead of myself. We have known that a shunt would be a possibility since we were initially given Grayden's diagnosis, and we have tried to mentally prepare ourselves for the time that we would be told he may need one. Honestly I don't think I will ever be ready or okay with it. Grayden had his monthly head ultra sound and neurosurgeon appointment today. His ventricles have enlarged and something called the resistive factor has also increased, both indicating that Grayden may be in need of a shunt in the very near future. The neurosurgeon is giving him one more month, and at the next appointment based on what he sees, he will decide if a shunt is necessary. I know that if Grayden needs a shunt, then he needs it, and it will save his life; however I am freaking out at the thought of him having to have one.
I sit here staring at my precious baby, wanting to protect him, wanting him to be free of all of this and sincerely hoping somehow we will avoid the need for a shunt.
Really in need of some positive thoughts today and for the next month.
Thank you for those of you who have ordered hats from me and my mom. We are looking forward to starting therapy with Grayden in the very near future!!
Goodbye 2nd Grade, Goodbye Kindergarten
5 days ago